For the website (the “Site”) of Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior, S.A.
(“Bladex” and/or “We/Us”)
TYPE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect information and personal date on individuals that use our Site, as well as our Customer Service platform. If you use our Customer Service platform, Bladex will request personal data for purposes of proper identification.
CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The categories of personal data collected and processed by Bladex through your use of our Customer Service platform includes:
- Personal details (e.g., name, surname, identifying information)
- Contact details (e.g., phone, email, cell phone number)
- Professional details (e.g., company, position in the company, company contact)
- Transactional details (e.g., information on complaints or suggestions)
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Personal data collected will be used:
- To manage relationships with our clients
- To manage our clients’ products and services
- To process instructions or applications from our clients
- For investigation and analysis to improve our services
Personal data may also be used to invite persons to events to inform them about other products, services and opportunities that we believe may be of interest to their organizations, as well as to send communications providing economic and industry analysis and information. Recipients may choose at any time to stop receiving such communications. Communications sent by email will include the option to unsubscribe from receiving further emails.
You are not required to provide personal data in the Site’s public areas. We will only use the information you provide us on these pages to process the corresponding form.
When so required or allowed by local laws and regulations, we will monitor or record your communications with us, including phone calls and emails. We will use these recordings to verify the instructions you send us and for other evidentiary purposes, to assess and improve the services we provide you, and for training and quality purposes.
We use surveillance cameras in and around our facilities for crime prevention and detection that monitor and collect images in accordance with local legal requirements.
Bladex will share personal data with competent authorities when required, requested or allowed to do so by law, regulation, court order, or supervisory or regulatory authority or similar.
We store personal data during the time we allow for legal and regulatory purposes or when we have a legitimate business reason to do so.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Bladex operates on an international scale and therefore needs to share information with its other offices for the purpose of conducting our business and supporting our clients.
During the course of providing a global service to our clients, personal data may be accessed from Bladex international offices where necessary to carry out a transaction with the client or to comply with the legal or regulatory requirements imposed on us. A complete list of our locations is available here. This list may be amended and updated.
In the event of any breaches of Bladex’s IT systems that may compromise the confidentiality of information or personal data provided by you, Bladex undertakes to notify the personal data and/or information subject as soon as Bladex becomes aware of the breach.
PERSONAL RIGHTS REGARDING INFORMATION COLLECTED
When so required by applicable law, individuals may have a legal right to:
- Access, correct, update, and delete their personal data. To exercise these rights, Bladex will require proof of identity.
- Challenge personal data or information processed.
- Request a restriction on the processing of data in the event of any inconsistency in their information, which they had duly challenged.
- Request confirmation of the correction or deletion of their personal data.